dome greenhouse is the next wave in home gardening and food production.
Efficient and sustainable systems, as well as simple, yet beautifully designed
structures, geodesics satisfy both the demands of the heart and mind of anyone
who desires to
engage with the wonders of our natural world.
From those interested
in sustainable and efficient vegetable gardening, to master gardeners who want
to surround themselves with the beauty of flowers, to those of us who simply
enjoy relaxing in a hot tub, surrounded by tropical plants, a geodesic
greenhouse is a beautiful new structural avenue!
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us. Look around our website, and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us!
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!
So, what exactly is a geodesic dome greenhouse?
The structure, functionality, and beauty of the geodesic
dome is impressive by any standard.
The multiple surface panels of its domed structure allow more direct sunlight
to enter the greenhouse throughout the
entire day, and it retains this extra heat well throughout the night.
base walls and the northern section of the dome are insulated to maintain heat,
and solar operated vents and fans help to keep air moving for proper
ventilation during the summer months.
A water tank within the structure warms
during the day and radiates warmth after the sun goes down. This water tank not
only helps to keep an even temperature inside the greenhouse, but also allows
for hydroponic gardening as well!
So, you may be asking: Why a geodesic Dome Greenhouse? Here are a few good reasons...
1. The cost per square foot is considerably lower than a conventional greenhouse. With a geodesic greenhouse, as the floor space increases, so does the height of the dome. This means as the diameter increases, growing space does so too, exponentially.
2. Structurally, geodesic greenhouses are very strong and wind durable. They will not shake or sway in the wind. As a matter of fact, you can lift the entire building without breaking its structural integrity.
3. The multi-panel, geodesic design allows direct sunlight to enter the greenhouse during all daylight hours, which means:
A. Better plant growth
B. More heat in cold seasons
C. A longer growing season, and with the right setup:
growing all year round!
4. A beautiful space to spend time in, in whatever weather nature throws at you.
5. The ideal set up for growing, producing, and maintaining organic and
6. More control of rainy and drought conditions than a conventional garden,
which seems to be increasingly important these days.
7. You can use a geodesic dome for more than a greenhouse. It is a warm, light
pleasant environment, and an excellent space for a hot tub and a tikki bar,
surrounded by flowering plants. Grow your own limes for drinks, and
enjoy a tropical environment in late November!
For kits sizes , options, upgrades and extras
Now just imagine all the possibilities with your greenhouse...
Walk out into your yard and picture where you would place it.
Think of all the
different plants, fruits, and vegetables you would grow.
How will you design
your growing beds, would it be flowers or strawberries? Imagine the fresh
smells of herbs and flowers, and the tranquil sound of the running water.
are able to decide everything, from what fish to put into your pond to what
stones to use on your floor.
Add a bench, a fountain, or
a ceiling fan; whatever fits your style.
Begin with a beautiful geodesic dome
add your creativity and design,
and produce your own personal sanctuary.